Introducing contrast cards during your little one's early months is essential to their cognitive development.
There are many cognitive benefits to the visual stimulation provided contrast cards!
- Boost learning and focus.
- Lengthens their attention span.
- Trains the muscles of the eyes and the brain to coordinate.
- They're also a great way to extend tummy time!
We've gathered some play ideas that will help you introduce these high-contrast images early on.
- Simply hold the cards in your hand while you and babysit together.
- Introduce one or two cards at a time while describe what you see.
- Slowly move the card back and forth to practice tracking and following objects.
- Include the contrast books in your baby's tummy time. This makes tummy time so much more enjoyable! Simply lay the cards next to your child and allow them to observe. Your child will stare at the cards for up to a few minutes, given that there is no background noise distracting them!